CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

OBJECT LESSON FROM A CAT




Right at the start let me say that our cats had their names before a TV show began using those words to mean something not so nice. O.K?

Now on to Frack our cat.

Today I was talking to God about being distracted instead of focusing 100% on Him. So I went to sit down with my Bible and focus. At that point Frack came up and began walking on the Bible I had on the table. She was going to have my attention NO MATTER WHAT. I was getting irritated but sensed God giving me an object lesson. Yup, it's how He wants me to be with Him--nothing stopping or sidetracking me from Him.

Giving the cat attention was a pleasurable and soothing time for me. I couldn't help but think of all the times in the Old Testament God talked about sacrifices being a soothing aroma (NASB).

I think He was telling me how much He enjoyed it when I sought Him that way--whole heartedly. He says in His Presence if fullness of Joy. I found that when I went back and sought Him with no regard for anything else the Joy was sweet.

1 comments:

Merrie said...

Ahhh yes! I needed that object lesson! I want to start practicing His Presnece