CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

PRESENT-PAST OR PRESENT-FUTURE


Recently I heard a question on a teaching CD -- this question:
"Are you living in your Present-past or your Present-future?"

That began me thinking about where I am now compared to 5 years ago and beyond. For years I was controlled by my past, even though I knew I needed to move past it. Things that had hurt me deeply and caused me to have a wrong idea of who I am and who God is hindered me and I allowed that. It was allowed partly because I didn't know how to rid myself of it.

BUT GOD...most people who know me know that is one of my favorite phrases.

BUT GOD showed up, delivered me of some majorly oppressive spirits and brought people into my life who helped me on a path of inner healing. I no longer had to feel that I was useless, would never measure up or any other negative thing. because God sees me differently and HE LOVES ME! Oh, how He loves me. He's been breaking through all my fears of rejection and helping me experience, feel, rejoice in His Love and that makes all the difference.

One day I told Him that I don't know where I belong. He told me, "You belong to me". What more do I want?

So now I know that I know He's with me, loving me and guiding me. I can live in my Present-future now because no matter what He will be there, see me through it and bring good out of it.

2 comments:

Merrie said...

Yes! and AMEN! What a wonderful revelation. I love that God is enough - that He is our being! I have also struggled so much with "what am I to be..." I have determined to walk in my "present-future". Thanks!

Sarah said...

Well, Peggy did you write this for me? :) I read the part where God said 'you belong to me " and cried like a baby!! A good cleansing cry.

Thank you, Sarah