CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 7, 2008

BLINDING FLASHES OF THE OBVIOUS (BFO)


Years ago I had the privilege and blessing of seeing Fuschia Pickett at a women's conference. She prayed that Scripture would be Lifed to us. When reading or studying and the moment of "AH HA!" hits it has become revelation, lifed or as my husband says, "a BFO".

Many times I have heard the phrase from John the Baptist, "I must decrease; He must increase". However, it was more an intellectual statement with all the understand of, "yea, sure". There was no life to it. Then today I was rereading Chapter 1 from ICIT and I had the BFO. Francis Frangipane is talking about how we receive impartation from other people. He says, "Most importantly, of course, even when we submit to men, our quest is to possess the heart of Christ as it lives in them. it is Christ we seek to know, not merely those He sends us. Thus, even as we appreciate those whom God sends, our passion is to develop an abiding relationship with Christ Himself, that every area of our life might be filled up with Him".

Suddenly I saw that people must see Jesus not me. The more flesh I have the less of Jesus is there, and people cannot see Jesus in that case. People do not need me imparted but Jesus.

My hunger for Him is growing. I have know more of Jesus as religion rather than knowing HIM. If religion is the rule then I have dead works. I do not want man's ideas of correct doctrine, I want DEITY. I do not want a manual on being a good church member which puts a yolk of slavery to man on me. I want Emmanuel whose yolk is easy and whose burden is light.

I believe that if people in churches begin to run hard after Jesus many wonderful things will happen. Pursue Him, not man's approval, not to be head of the deacon board or whatever. Hunger for HIM.

1 comments:

Merrie said...

Yes, LORD! let me pursue YOU!