CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

ME & MY BIG IDEAS OR NEVER SAY NEVER



Years ago we painted one of our bedrooms lavender and blue. I loved it! My husband endured it, but I think he really HATED IT!!!!! When our son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter moved it the colors were perfect. It was very feminine and Rachel went from being an 8 month old to a 3 year old before they moved out. When they moved my husband wanted to make it into his "office". He doesn't have to have an office for work but he loves playing with his computer, learning Lynux and other open source programs, plus he pays bills etc. So I wanted to bless him and paint it.

Please understand I never prayed about painting it. The process has been a nightmare and I remember saying a few years ago "I'll never paint again. I'll hire someone next time"...... so now I am saying, "I hope to be able to hire someone" as the hallway is peeling, scraping it isn't working right and neither is using a pad sander.

The pictures are the daybed cover. We had wallpaper trim that matched it. No matter how hard I tried to be careful it made a mess of the wall in spots when I removed it.
The other ones are the wall in process, I'm not adding the pic of the place where I had no idea I had green paint on my sleeve and bumped into a primed wall.....Our ladder isn't a painting ladder so I have to get down 3 times to reload with paint, instead of the 1 time if it was a different type......Oh I want the money to hire someone next time :-) Also, when we first painted the walls years ago the wallpaper made a horrible mess of them. We tried to fix them but we needed a professional. So now I see the one dark wall and cringe as it shows all the blemishes, flaws, etc...........It looks awful in person.BTW the lavender and blue pic is turned correctly in my file.......just not here. The top part of the wall was lavender and bottom blue. It's just that kind of day.

So, hopefully I am learning to check with God about what He wants. He did help me with the mess, but I had to calm down and ask, even then my attitude was anything but Christlike.

1 comments:

Merrie said...

What a lesson to learn! I have gotten myself in deep water over trying to get my house painted. I am still trying to get the house painted. One day... and yes, Lord, please let me have someone else paint next time!

Oh, about the wallpaper, we had to have someone come in and put up a coat of drywall to smooth out the wall so we could paint. It was horrible, messy, time consuming and also very expensive! But, it does look nice now.