CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

A HINDERANCE



When I got saved studying the Bible was paramount. I was so blessed in that I was with a group of people hungry for God. So I learned a lot. Some things changed in me but I hit a brick wall and the religious spirit that I already had I kept. I was a pharisee. Thankfully God did not leave me like that.

People who seek Him will go through process. It can be very disconcerting, and that is a mild word for it. There were periods where I had no idea why I was going through what I was going through. Prayer wasn't working, or so it seemed. For ages things just stayed static. I kept hanging on to Romans 8:28. Finding out what I was going through was to turn me into the image of Christ came as a shock, then as an eye opening blessing. I had prayed to be changed, He was working to do that but I WAS THE HINDRANCE. He resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. I was not humble. I was proud because I was better than the person I was dealing with (God doesn't agree with that). I was proud because I went to a church that taught the truth and the others were deluded. Even though at that time I didn't realize how much pride was there I began to allow God to put me through more process. Without specifically saying, “I repent” for pride I did humble myself and say, "Here I am and I have need of you doing something". He is so gracious, so loving and so willing to work in us. But He resisted me for ages, because of pride. It wasn't a demonic spirit that resisted me although it might have helped me stay stuck, but God was resisting me.

There is much more He's done and is doing in me. I have to remember Jesus is gentle and humble of heart. Father wants me to be that way too. He will get me there.

1 comments:

Merrie said...

Yes! I wish that I did not understand so well! I'm so thankful that He is faithful and loving and kind and persistent.