CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

TRUDGING UPSTREAM


Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

wear = Strongs 1080
corresp. to 1086 (but used only in a mental sense); to afflict:--wear out

 1086 a prim. root; to fail; by impl. To wear out, decay  
According to Brown Driver Briggs' Hebrew Lexicon fig. for harass continually

So now I have a choice. I can either focus on this harassment or on God and what He says and believe it, or I can be miserable and worn out.

Some of what God says, and this is just a couple things.
 Phil 4:4-8 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. NKJV

Or as The Message says:Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him!

Of course The Message has more to those verses but I felt that was the essence!


It is no wonder I have felt I'm trudging upstream through cold molasses. Satan and his workers want to destroy me. BUT GOD wants me to dig into Him. Through application of His Word to my spirit, soul and body, by choosing to believe and obey I become stronger.  

There is more which could be said but I'm leaving that for you to add.  

0 comments: