CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 29, 2008

WHEN PIGS FLY

My growing up years, up until I was a grandmother, were spent in the west. Clouds were not plentiful, except when it rained. So looking for bunnies and bears and whatever in the sky wasn't something I got to do. Then we moved to the South. My husband often laughed at me as we drove along and I'd be having a great time looking in the sky.

Down at my daughter's in house in FL I've seen Mickey Mouse, Goofy, the bears from the Bear Country Jamboree and lots of cartoonish looking clouds.

Then one day we were driving toward the I95 to go to FL. We had the son of a friend with us. He was from England. We'd had rain so there were plenty of clouds. As we were talking I looked out the window and saw waring faces. One was coming from the north. It looked like it was blowing hard and with purpose. The other was coming up from the south and it looked malevolent and it too was blowing hard. The date that day was Sept. 10, 2001.  

As we got close to the Florida border I looked out again and saw what looked like a charcoal brown leviathan on it's back. (Yes, I know that isn't a color but that is what I saw and still hear that color in my spirit when I revisit this.) It had a huge tail and four paws in the air. It was dead. All I thought was that the war in the heavenlies was heating up, but was busy talking to the young man with us so didn't pursue it.

Of course the next day I realized what it was all about.

I still look at the clouds and have fun but there is a sobering side to it also. Lately there have been lots dragons and pigs flying. When I realized how many times there have been flying pigs the saying “when pigs fly” popped into my mind. My husband said the same thing when I told him. My sense is that it's a two fold meaning. Many people don't think what is prophesied in the Bible will come to pass and have a “when pigs fly” attitude about it. But then we also have promises that God has made to us and many of us are wondering if it will even happen. Discouragement is trying to take over; my sense is the enemy is trying to tell us “yea, when pigs fly God will do that”. Well God will do that and the pigs are flying! He will do what He's promised. His heart is for redemption, restoration, rescue. Eventually His wrath will spill over but it's because of His holiness and evil must be judged. But for now it is imperative that we hear God more clearly, know Him better and get hidden in the Secret Place. We must be so secure in Jesus that no matter what the signs are we stay in His rest. Leviathan dies! The saints Rise in Christ! 

1 comments:

Merrie said...

Yes, and Amen! I know exactly what you are saying. I have been "seeing" things also. Just haven't said anything because I wondered if it was just "me"...