CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

CALIFORNIA VISITING

People have asked about my 6 weeks out west so here is a synopsis.

There is much to do there. My daughter and her husband and my two grands like a variety of foods and they eat out a lot. I had American, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese and Lebonese, just to name a few types of food. Plus my son-in-law is a fabulous cook and my daughter has learned from him. Now I'm trying to get the weight off.

Most of the time I was down south but for a few days I was in my favorite part--The Sierra Nevada Mountains! I miss them. Besides that and
my family
I miss The Hollywood Bowl, the Museums in L.A. and of course the weather.

The Sunday before I came home we all celebrated my daughter-in-law's birthday. My son sliced off the tip of his finger while preparing supper (he is a good cook too) so my daughter, the R.N. came to the rescue and bandaged it. He had to keep it above his heart so that will explain the picture...sort of.



Life has lots of "I miss" and when someone lives far away from family it seems worse but all of us are where Father wants us right now. I missed my husband, my family here in GA and my family in FL. I miss my son in Ohio too. No matter where I am they are not all there. It is good that I like to travel.


Fun in the Sierras



Sunset on the Pacific Ocean

1 comments:

Merrie said...

I know the feeling too well. I find that I miss my family in Georgia. I do get to see the kids/grands much more now that we are in OK... just not enough.
I love the pictures of California. It is a constant battle to be content no matter what state we are in...