CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

FAITH LIKE A CHILD






There I was somewhere between awake and asleep in that very comfortable twilight area meditating on something Graham Cooke said in one of The Heart of Prophecy CD's. He said we must be sensitive to the Spirit. Now I'm not too sure how I got from that to thinking about children but I got there and suddenly had a BFO (Blinding Flash of the Obvious). I realized that to be sensitive to the Spirit we must be like little children. It's no wonder we have to come to Him that way.


Have you ever noticed how sensitive children are to their parent's moods? If there is tension they are uptight and act out. If there is peace they are normally more peaceful and easy to be around. If there is anticipation, sorrow, worry, fear kids will reflect that.


The Holy Spirit doesn't manifest tension, sorrow, worry, etc. But He does manifest Love, kindness, merriment, peace, patience, etc. He does direct and move, do as He sees Jesus who sees Daddy directing, moving, doing. We are His kids and we have to be constantly aware of Him! We must become as sensitive to Him.


God is not static. It is why sometimes I sit to study and sense it is time to worship or I want to worship and sense it is time to intercede. Sometimes I just do what I set out to do and end up feeling very unfulfilled.

4 comments:

PJ said...

Sensitivity to the Spirit is an art that is learned -- by trial and error, unfortunately. My days go like that more often than I care to admit.

Julie said...

I LOVE Graham Cooke. Have you heard his word on "The Nature of God"? It is one of my all time favorites.
I also love "The Manifestations of Hiddenness" that he did. The Nature of God is a prophetic word not a specific teaching. It is an awesome word on God and His character.

Julie

LIFESPEAKER said...

Graham Cooke is one of my favorites. We have most of his CD teachings. Next will be to get the books.

Julie said...

Yea, I have a few of his teachings and LOVE them.

I haven't heard about the books yet. You'll have to tell me which ones you like the most.

Blessings,
Julie