CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

FREE BUT COSTS EVERYTHING

Today my husband and I were talking about how our salvation is free but to truly follow God it costs us everything.


When we moved to Georgia we knew we were doing what God told us to do. His wisdom in not telling us what we would go through is phenomenal. If we had any idea how hard these last 14 years would be nothing would have budged us. BUT GOD is wise and called us to a deeper level with Him and got us to the place where we could begin to get there.


Both God and satan want the same thing--they want us dead. It is just that God has something awesome to bring to life in us as we die to ourselves. Satan wants us totally destroyed.


I left a 3 year old grandson and 3 week old granddaughter when we moved here, along with 3 of my kids. BUT GOD said go and if I had not obeyed knowing Him like I do now probably wouldn't have happened. It's been very painful at times. Loneliness and depression tried to swallow me up and I almost let them, BUT GOD, brought me out of it. He has given me a hope that I didn't know was possible to have. He has gotten rid of some of my pride (do we ever get rid of all of it this side of eternity?).


His free gift is eternal life but to grow with Him, to know Him more costs everything. What a bargain!

1 comments:

Merrie said...

Great way to look at it...
Keeps it in perspective! You are right. If God showed us the process, then we would never follow to begin with.